Building scenic elements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Works with the master carpenter and other shop personnel
* Reads and interprets shop drawings
* Fabricates and installs high quality scenic elements
* Other related duties as assigned
Carpenters, under the supervision of the master carpenter will work mainly in our 50,000 square foot scene shop. Work schedule is typically M-F 7:30 – 3:30 with occasional evening and weekend work.
* Prior experience in carpentry is required.
* We work with a large variety of materials – wood, foams, plastics, plaster, metals etc. Any experience working with these materials is desired.
* Experience in minor electrics, mechanics and/or rigging is helpful.